Kale and Kidney Bean Salad
This recipe was developed by Chef Megan Lambert at the American Association for Naturopathic Physicians Annual Conference and Expo 2019. For more on the main ingredients, check out the kale and kidney bean Color of Food pamphlets.
|Limes, juice of||2|
|Ground coriander||1 t|
|Garlic, mashed||1 clove|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/2 c|
|Kidney beans||14-oz can|
- Wash, stem, and chop the kale. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, coriander, mashed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to create an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and use clean hands to massage the dressing thoroughly into the kale. The kale should turn dark green and be softened after the massage.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans, and add to the kale. Toss to coat the beans in the dressing and serve.
Note: The salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for several hours or overnight before serving.
Yields 4 to 6 servings