Kale and Kidney Bean Salad
|Limes, juice of||2|
|Ground coriander||1 t|
|Garlic, mashed||1 clove|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1/2 c|
|Kidney beans||14-oz can|
- Wash, stem, and chop the kale. Place in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, honey, coriander, mashed garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Drizzle in the olive oil while whisking to create an emulsion.
- Pour the dressing over the kale and use clean hands to massage the dressing thoroughly into the kale. The kale should turn dark green and be softened after the massage.
- Drain and rinse the kidney beans, and add to the kale. Toss to coat the beans in the dressing and serve.
Note: The salad can be served immediately or refrigerated for several hours or overnight before serving.
Yields 4 to 6 servings