Parsnips with Chili and Garlic
We are suckers for easy root vegetable recipes, and this one does not disappoint. If you do not regularly cook with parsnips, you soon will have them as a staple due to their incredible diversity. From mashed to roasted to casseroles and soups, parsnips will add antioxidants and healthy fiber to your dishes.
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 t|
|Low-sodium Thai chili sauce||2 T|
|Low-sodium soy sauce||1 T|
|Garlic cloves, peeled and crushed||2|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/4 t|
|Parsnips, scrubbed and cut into 1-inch thick rounds||4 c|
- Preheat the oven to 450◦F. Place the rack in the middle of the oven.
- Pour the oil, chili sauce, soy sauce, and crushed garlic into a medium-sized bowl. Whisk together and season with ground black pepper.
- Add parsnips and toss to coat with the marinade.
- Spread the coated parsnips over a foil-lined sheet pan. Roast in the oven until tender and brown, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Yields 4 servings