If you have your own herb or vegetable garden, this recipe is for you! Blending powerful herbs together not only livens up a dish, but brings the vitamin and nutrient profile of this side dish up a few notches. This marinade works on a variety of vegetables, have fun exploring!
|Baby zucchini||4 to 6|
|Maldon (or other) sea salt||Sprinkle|
|Garlic, peeled||1 clove|
|Whole-grain mustard||1 t|
|White wine vinegar||2 T|
|Freshly ground black pepper||1/4 t|
|Extra virgin olive oil||4 T|
|Chives, chopped||1 t|
|Fresh tarragon, finely chopped||1 t|
|Fresh parsley, finely chopped||1 t|
|Fresh rosemary leaves, bruised and finely chopped||1 t|
- Trim the tough stalk off each zucchini and slice in two long halves.
- Place zucchini halves in a microwave-safe container and sprinkle with a little salt and 1 tablespoon of water. Cover with lid.
- Microwave for 4 to 5 minutes until just tender, not too soft.
- While the zucchini is steaming, prepare the dressing by pounding the garlic with the salt in a pestle and mortar until it becomes a creamy paste.
- Add in the mustard, followed by the vinegar and black pepper. Pour in the oil and whisk everything together, and stir in the fresh herbs. Taste and season again if necessary.
- Drain the zucchini and place into a new bowl.
- Pour dressing over zucchini and allow to cool. Cover with plastic and leave in refrigerator overnight, turning the zucchini two or three times. Serve the next day or keep for up to 3 days.
Yields 8 to 10 servings