Chicken & Pineapple
You cannot go wrong with a classic chicken thigh recipe. Add in some vegetables, a twist of ginger, and cilantro and you’ll soon be devouring this healthier stir fry creation.
|Jasmine rice||1 c|
|Sesame oil||1 T|
|Chicken thighs, skinless, boneless, and cut into bite-size pieces||10 oz|
|Garlic cloves, peeled and minced||4|
|Fresh ginger, peeled and grated||1 inch|
|Carrots, peeled and thinly sliced||1/2 c|
|Celery, thinly sliced||1/2 c|
|Green onions, thinly sliced||1/2 c|
|Eggs, whisked||2 medium|
|Fresh pineapple, cut into bite-size pieces||1 c|
|English peas||1/2 c|
|Fresh cilantro, chopped||1 T|
- Place rice in a medium-size saucepan and add 2 cups of water. Over high heat bring to a boil.
- Turn down the heat to a simmer, and cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until the water is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- While the rice is cooking, pour oil in a large wok or frying pan and place over high heat.
- Add the chicken, and cook for 3 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, carrots, celery, and green onions. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the whisked egg and allow to cook for 5 to 10 seconds or until the egg sets on the bottom of the pan but remains runny on top.
- Combine cooked rice, pineapple, peas, and cilantro. Stir while everything heats through and serve.
Yields 4 servings