Carrot, Pineapple, and Green Tea
Looking to change up your regular smoothie or juice routine? Three distinct foods in one refreshing beverage is definitely worth trying.
|Carrots, washed, peeled, and sliced||1 c|
|Fresh ginger, peeled and minced||1 T|
|Green tea bags||4|
|Pineapple, fresh or frozen chunks||2 c|
- Pour water in a small saucepan along with carrots and ginger. Place onto the stove and bring to a boil. Turn down to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes or until the carrots are very tender.
- Remove from the heat and add tea bags. Cover and steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove the ginger and the tea bags. Squeeze out all the liquid from the tea bags.
- Set the pan on a hot pad in the refrigerator for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the carrot mixture to a blender, adding the pineapple and honey. Cover and blend until smooth. Pour into glasses to serve.
Yields 4 servings