Baba Ganoush Dip & Spread
Not only is it fun to say, but baba ganoush is fun to eat! We think aubergines are extremely underrated, especially since it boasts plentiful amounts of antioxidants and anthocyanins. Serve with flatbread, veggies, or as a spread; whichever way, you cannot go wrong.
|Large eggplant, ~1lb||1|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 T|
|Lemon juice||2 T|
|Oregano, freshly chopped||1 T|
|Parsley, freshly chopped||1 T|
|Sea salt||1/8 t|
|Garlic, minced||2 t|
- Preheat a grill or stove-top skillet to high.
- Cut the eggplant into half-rounds and lightly coat with cooking spray. Place them onto the hot grill or skillet. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, turn over, and continue to cook for 4 to 5 minutes until tender.
- Remove eggplant rounds from the grill or skillet and place in a bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Place eggplant and the rest of the ingredients into a food processor, and blend until smooth. Taste and add seasoning, if necessary.
- Pour into a bowl and serve.
Yields 10 servings